Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've been debating.....

and I think I'm just going to take the plunge and do it. I have to do it. I. Have. To. Do. It. The oh-so-terrible IT I'm talking about is....losing weight. I'm not exactly sure what has happened but my weight has just snuck on and snuck on and then dog-piled on and I'm by far the heaviest I have ever been in my life!
So what I'm going to do is this...I think. I figure that the only people that see this blog is family and friends that love me or at the very least, I hope they do! (laugh) I'm going to start a weekly check-in about getting fit and you guys will have to hold me accountable to it. I've always done better if I know I have to report to someone sooo you guys have just been deputized! Woohoo! I should run (did I just say run!? ack!) right out and get you some tin stars to pin on your chests this very minute!
I'm thinking it will be a Monday check-in but since I've made this decision and I DON'T want to back out...I'll tell you what I weighed today. This is the number that has made me decide that I have had enough and it's time to do something about it. (gulp) 209. OMG!! 2 - 0 - freaking - 9! How in the hell did that happen?!
But I'm done, I'm turning this pizza train around right now and you guys have to watch me do it! Muahahaha! Okay, I'll weigh in on Mondays and keep you updated periodically. I'll even post pictures once Dan gets that darn wireless router up and going.
I'm going off to scream now...catch ya'll later!

5 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

Is Dan joining you for this? It might be easier if he goes along with the plan. I need to lose weight too, but just not motivated enough yet to do anything about it. So I'll cheer from the sidelines. You can do this Shawn!

hermomsometimes said...

I'll help anyway I can. Just tell me what to do. Do I need to come down and remove any good stuff from you house so you wont be tempted?

Shawn said...

No...once I decide to do it, I'm just going to do it. Now tonight didn't totally count though, it was a birthday dinner for Nate and I could have eaten more but I still probably ate too much. I AM going to do this though and Dan is already watching what he's eating and planning on losing some also. We have the treadmill and BowFlex set up now and ready to use. Tam, tell me how to set up another sidebar like you have though. I thought I could do a weight-watch and/or posts on a sidebar on the left.

brneyedgal967 said...

It just depends on the template you have. I have a 3-column template I use.

ChiefChick said...

Sistah, you can do this! Just go slowly and try not to get discouraged. Also, try to make excercise a part of your day rather than a chore. I try to do SOMETHING every day, whether it is going to the gym, or just taking Jake for a run or walk. One of the first things I did was take the batteries out of my scale. I know it sounds crazy, but I get WAY too fixated on the number. I just go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I will be cheerin' for ya!!