Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Braces saga begins

And it started off very anticlimatically! Da Man took off early for the appt due to the weather with 2 boys in tow...drove for 1 1/2 hours to get there and said it took all of 2 minutes for them to pop a couple of rubber bands between some teeth to start making the 'space' for the appliance to go in!

Why am I suddenly getting a vision of what my life is going to be like for the next 20-24 months?

By the way...I'm NOT at work tonight, I actually slept all day and most of the night and have woken up with a nasty headache starting. I think I need my diet Dr. Pepper but I know I'll be up for the day for sure if I drink that. I don't mind working night shifts..they generally go by just fine. It's the readjustment time that kills me. I must be getting old.

4 comments:

hermomsometimes said...

So no braces yet? what did they hook the rubber bands to?

ChiefChick said...

I hear ya sistah! Zach just got his braces the first week of January! Spacers first, then the bottom ones - about a week ago they put in the appliance/top ones. Did you get the boys the ones where they can change the color of the brackets? Zach's first choice was blue/orange (Gators colors) before the National Championship game. Last week he got red/black for the Cardinals (super bowl). I think he will most likely go with teal/orange (Dolphins) next month. It didn't cost any more and makes it a little more fun. :)

Shawn said...

Well, they just kinda crammed a rubber band around a molar cause they are going to attach an appliance across the roof of their mouths to spread things out. I'm thinking they are going to do something similar for the bottom jaw as well.

Yep, once we actually get to the braces part they'll be able to choose rubber band colors! That's the one part they are excited about!

ChiefChick said...

Ahh - on Zach's they change the BRACKET colors! I don't know how the hell they do it, but it looks cool. :)