Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I remember when....



Let's all say thank you to Jen and Mama Kat for hosting these wonderful events known as ATWT and Writer's Workshop.

Mama Kat's prompt I chose was "I remember when..." so without further delay,

I remember when I was jet-setting about the world, dining in the finest restaraunts and flying in private planes.



I remember going scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef.



I remember kayaking down the Amazon river and getting captured by a native tribe but was able to live after charming the chieftain and becoming an honorary member of the tribe.



I remember flying off to Jupiter in the spacecraft I built in my own garage to save a damsel in distress.



I remember when I fought off hordes of mutant, carnivorous creatures in an abandoned shack in the woods with only my wits and one small knife.



I remember when I could wake up from those dreams without the sleep lines on my face lasting for 6 hours!

21 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Sounds to me like you're led a remarkably colourful life...

That bulldog picture is hilarious!

Sandra said...

I look just like that dog!!!

I loved this post!!!

Jacquie said...

What an outstanding life! If only I had done half of that outside of movies. except that second to last one, don't go for carnivorous creatures... I have bad luck.

Amy said...

Too funny! Loved it. At first I was thinking Wow your amazing and then I woke up. I must be tired. I better go to bed before I look like that dog as well.

Unknown said...

Ok, so you had me until Jupiter but admittedly, I was even having trouble with the Amazon too.

Love the pictures. Love the post!

Staci said...

You have led a fabulous, amazing life! :)

K said...

I love this post! Especially the part about Jupiter :) Very clever and thoughtful!

Jaime said...

very nice! if i ever run into a zombie that needs slaying, i'll give you a call!

Sherri Murphy said...

Cute post...but there's NOTHING cute about those sleep lines. I now call wrinkles "sleep lines".

Mental P Mama said...

Well color me impressed;)

kisatrtle said...

LOL...can I go to Jupiter next time?

Dr Zibbs said...

Your saggy boob issues may be over.

See my blog for details.

Shawn said...

hehehehe..was beginning to wonder if anyone would realize these were dreams.

the sleep wrinkle/line thing...I only wish that was just a dream also. ::sigh::

Jen said...

you are just too funny. at first I was like what they!?! and then I realized what was going on. ;)

Melissa said...

I couldn't believe how much we had in common once you started talking about your trips to Jupiter and fighting off dead people haha. Thanks for the laugh, your blog is great!

Kitty said...

SO creative!! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Over from Kat's. Great post - I loved it all.

Phat Mama said...

I want that dog!

Country Girl said...

Wow. You've had quite the life!!

Sherri Murphy said...

*I have a little something for you back at my place. Check it out!

LeAnna said...

HA! As soon as I started reading this I was saying "in your dreams". Great post! and oh that bulldog is too stinkin cute!

PS I think thats the first time I have ever said that about a bulldog. Here where I live, the 2 state college universities are the bulldogs and the rebels and I myself am a rebel, therefore have never thought bulldogs were "cute"!