Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now THIS is what I went to school for!

Years of college.

Decades of experience.

I can put in an IV with my eyes closed.


Two of me equal one of this guy.


My patients rejoice when I'm the nurse on duty.

But today, I have a new challenge.

One that is going to test every skill I possess.

One that could make or break my career.

I present to you....

Diesel the Yorkie!


Isn't this the saddest looking little sight you've ever seen?! (Click on him for a close-up. But make sure you are sitting down...and have a barf bag close by also, just in case.) Let me relate his tragic tale. He was born with his right eye all scratched from his uterine brothers and sisters. Already destined at birth to be a bit...one-sided.


Yesterday, his Rottweiler brother STEPPED on his head and POPPED his good eye right out of it's socket! Ewwww! Gross! Blech!


His loving parents scooped up the little guy and his human dad washed off the bugged out, exposed eyeball and off they headed to the vet. The vet then replaced the eyeball and SEWED the eyelids shut so that it can heal properly and hopefully retain his eyesight.


He's here tonight. In the hospital. With us. Blind.

Send the love.

7 comments:

hermomsometimes said...

Ahhh, poor baby. Does his Mom work at the human hospital? I hope his eye heals and he can see again.

Mental P Mama said...

Poor, poor baby. I hope he heals nicely.

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, that poor little guy! I hope he heals up soon. =-(

kel said...

Oh my gosh..... that is the saddest thing ever.

Phat Mama said...

Poor pumpkin! Sending him a gentle hug.

The Girl said...

Awwwww, I feel so bad for the little bugger. He probably doesn't understand why his eyes are sewed shut (tears)

septembermom said...

The poor little guy! Hope all works out for him :)