Jason at The Jason Show kinda sort tagged me with this (in the same way he was kinda sorta tagged I think)! I thought it was a good way to love up on my hubby so I grabbed it.
Here's the card that he got me for Valentine's Day. He usually gets me serious cards and this year it's humorous and I love it! It shows a man doing various things during the card and says:
For My Wife on Valentine's Day
When something needs doing,
I don't always do it...
When something needs fixing,
I don't hop right to it... this part is very true! ;o)
When the checkbook's a mess,
I may throw a fit...
When the going gets tough,
I've been known to quit... this part isn't accurate, but I enjoy the rhyme
When I shampoo and shave,
I may splash up the floor...
And the junk I collect
may spoil our decor... Very true! just wait until I tell you guys about his junk!
When I start off each day,
I don't always smile...
When we step out to dine,
it may not be in style... Yep, diners, buffets but we DO go out and I'm not complainin'!
I may have my faults,
but one thing's sure true...
I did something right
when I married You! Aww, how sweet!
Love, Da Man
1. Husband's name: Dan aka Da Man
2. How long have you been married? 2 1/2 years
3. How long did you date? 1 1/2 years
4. How old is he? coming up on 52nd birthday
5. Who eats more sweets? He does. I go in spurts with chocolate candy but he's consistent, especially with ice cream.
6. Who is the better singer? He is. I can make dogs howl, he's in the community choir.
7. Who is smarter? Ohh..quite the question. He's the first man I've ever been with that I can honestly say is intellectually smarter than I am. I think I'm smarter socially and emotionally...does that make sense?
8. Who does the laundry? We all do our own. Even getting the kids to start doing their own also. I tend to do the extras..towels and linens.
9. Who pays the bills? He does. Thank goodness. I hate dealing with bills, insurance. Bleh.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. I'm deaf in my left ear and this way I can sleep on my 'good' ear while being able to stick various body parts out into the cold air while I'm bundled up under the covers! It works great, I often don't hear storms, snoring, the various rustles of the night (or day!)
11. Who mows the lawn? He does, but now that The Dude is living with us, he might be doing some of that now.
12. Who cooks dinner? We split it. I tend to cook on the weekends. He cooks 3 of the weeknights and The Dude has 2 nights that he works on his cooking skills.
13. Who drives? We both drive our own vans. Mine is new...it took over a month before I let him drive it also! lol
14. Who is the first to say they are wrong? I am. Honestly, I hate to say this. He's rarely wrong. So, I've gotten better at it.
15. Who kissed who first? It was a mutual 'lean-in'.
16. Who asked who out first? I asked him out..three times before he said yes! He had good excuses why he couldn't go each time which is why I kept trying, but had decided after three times that I had reached my limit. He called me and asked me out for our first actual date.
17. Who wears the pants? Good question. Actually I think we are both in shorts. We make decisions equally, he generally takes the lead in financial decisions and I take the lead in social decisions. We talk things over and come to an agreement. That's the way it should be right?
Hmm..I'm glad that I did this, makes me realize what a great guy I have. 'Bout damn time, took me three tries to find him! I tossed two other hubs back into the sea before I found this keeper!
Feel free to take this meme if you'd like. It's a bit of a free-for-all.