Monday, March 9, 2009

I love looking like a Genius!

Which is what I have my kids convinced that I am. At least in picking out movies anyway. With the magic of the DVR, I'll record movies that I come across that I know they haven't seen. That is one benefit of being old(ish), I have seen a ton of dang movies.

Magnet likes to skate along the edge of his life with remarks like "Mom, if you saw this 20 years ago does that mean it is in black and white?" To him, I was born and raised in the black and white, dust-bowl, horse and buggy era of our country.

But back to the Genius portion..they are currently entranced watching none other than...


ENEMY MINE

Right up the alley for two 12 year olds and a 10 year old.

Last week they watched this classic

CITY SLICKERS

I AM the resident movie genius of this house. I'll accept my prize now.

7 comments:

Staci said...

I'm pretty fond of those city slicker movies myself!

Anonymous said...

I loved Enemy Mine... :)

Anonymous said...

Lurve the slickers!

bernthis said...

hang on tight to this feeling. When they older, (mine is five right now) I've heard they have a total change of opinion

brneyedgal967 said...

I have recommended Stand By Me, Dancing With Wolves and My Cousin Vinny... all of them were hits. I, too, hold the title or Resident Movie Genius when it comes to the older movies on TBS or whatever that they would otherwise just flip past.

We have to take what we can get these days. Ya know?

Marido1125 said...

No matter how old they get...Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Inexperience everytime.

brneyedgal967 said...

Bwahhahah... I beat Harley Guy on my comment. We were dueling on our typing and we both hit enter at *about* the same time.

Apparently I was faster.

I am also Resident Fastest Return Key Striker.