Saturday, March 21, 2009

I gots a brudder.


Yep, I do. I also have 3 younger sisters which I had for a long time, then my mom ditched my dad and picked up another husband. She finally got her boy. It just took a new man to do it. So anyone out there with too many boys or girls..just change husbands. Works like a charm.


Anyway, this boy was born when I was 13 years old. Yep, I liked him pretty much. And yes, we traumatized him forever by playing baby doll with him. Something weird happened though by the time I was 18. He was 5 and such a little snot. All I can remember from him during those years is saying 'Duh' 'Doi' 'Du-uh' and various obnoxious noises like that. I had much cooler things to listen to so I wrote him off. Literally, I think for the next 18 years after that I still thought of him as that obnoxious little boy that got on my nerves.

Then he got married. Then he was talking to me about buying houses. And school districts. It was the biggest wake-up call ever! I was totally like "OMG! Who is this guy and why haven't I liked him before?"

Once when I living on my own in Oklahoma City, I came back home to find my door crashed in and things missing from the house. I called my brother and tearfully told him about it. I remember clearly, he only said once sentence to me as I cried on the phone to him. "I'm on my way."


I love my brudder.

6 comments:

hermomsometimes said...

Yep, he turned into quite a man didn't he.

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute.

Mental P Mama said...

Awwww. My baby brudder turned 40 this past December. Quite a wakeup call indeed. And he looked cute in his dresses, too. What is it about dressing baby brothers like girls?

Dr Zibbs said...

The youngest always gets tortured.

Anonymous said...

I think someone's been drinking a bit of wine. LOL!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Mind if I forward this entire post to my oldest? One day....