Monday, March 23, 2009

If I could choose a brand new career I'd like to be a poker player


Yep, you heard me. Poker, I like it all. Stud, draw, hold-em, omaha...it's all fun. How cool would that be?! Oh, I'd definitely have to pick a cool poker name. I could be Dragon Lady! That sounds like a totally killer poker name doesn't it?

I'm way too cheap to play with my own money though, that could be a drawback. I love to drink also. Drinking while playing is usually frowned on also. I have to admit that the one time that I did play poker with real cash, I lost it all once I started drinking. I should have known better, I've always chosen lousy men also when I've been drinking!

I always wanted to be friends with Annie Duke also but after watching Celebrity Apprentice, I'm not so sure. She's awfully bossy. I could probably make her laugh though but if she didn't laugh and gave me that poker face, I'd totally cave. My mind would totally be going "uh oh, I thought that was funny. wasn't that funny? I don't think she thinks that was funny. man, what am I doing out here trying to make THE annie dukes laugh"

I quickly turn into a quivering pile of mush. Quivering Pile of Mush Lady just isn't nearly as impressive as Dragon Lady.

Now I totally have Kenny Roger's song in my head! Sing along with me!

You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

You never count your money
While you're sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done


By the way..is it just me but I liked the way he looked before he got all Michael Jackson on the plastic surgery thing. I couldn't even bring myself to post a picture of him the way he looks now. Gah.

I totally say totally too much.

7 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

I totally agree with you.

On the poker thing.
On the drinking and picking men thing.
And the Kenny's face thing.

Totally.

Mental P Mama said...

His face is all shiny and squeaky looking now, isn't it? And thank you, because I will be singing that dang song all night. I must need a drink.

Jen said...

Really a poker player? I would want to play black jack but I kinda have a problem with all the math and drinking doesn't do anything to help with my math skills.

Sandra said...

Oh... I looooooved me some Kenny Rogers way back when... My hubby resembles him, pre botox days.

Yeah, Annie Duke, used to think she was cool, until Apprentice..now... not a fan at all.

Kathy B! said...

Poker... Not me! I get too excited when I get good cards and EVERYBODY knows it... I'm going for rocket scientist :)

The Girl said...

UGH, I don't want to see a poker table for awhile. It kept taking my money. I love Kenny pre-plastic surgery days, I'll be singing the Gambler all day now. I'm such a dork I even have it on my IPod

Skogkjerring said...

Oh you and my husband would get along great- he loves Poker also..he plays on one of those online game sites but never with real money. He said he'd never be as willing to take chances with real money..hahaha
Kenny Rogers WAS a very fine looking man before he went and got all that plastic fantastic..
I've been meaning to get back to you about the relatives in Pratt..I thought that was really funny you said you were raised in Pratt and your folks still live there. Do they know any of the Brehms? My aunt and uncle run the Taco Delight in Pratt. We use to live over on west third street. When we lived there Stig worked at Lesh Motors and drove food at the high school cafeteria. Isn't the internet cool?? It makes the world sooooo small :-))