Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snowed in and Low on my Wine!


Here's hoping that my internet stays up long enough to post this. It's been really slow and spotty today. Can't imagine why. Oh..I'm low on wine also, please send one of these. Pronto.

Words can't even describe this. We received an official 28 inches I believe and the drifts...well see for yourself.


Remember that table in the backyard? Here it is as a reminder. Yes that is a Skull on there, wanna make sumpin of it? Bwahahaha.


Table? What table? We don't need to stinkin' table! Those arches there? That's the top of the firewood holder thingie. You can see it in the first photo.


Here's the 6 ft. fence, drifted nicely in front and up. Just thought that looks kinda weird and is my bet where the boys will start building their fort.


Remember those bikes that the boys never got put up? Bikes? What bikes? I can't even get out the front door much less worry about bikes!


Since I can't get out the door, here's a window view of the driveway. Yeah, that's my new van that's peeking outta the snow there. Da Man's van is totally covered over.

Here's part 2 now..since the internet was down and I couldn't get anything done! I just 'bout died. I never want to go through that again. Never.


Da Man shoveled us out at least to the street so we don't feel quite so isolated. Magnet helped hold the sides up.


Here's a view of the neighbor's house. Don't ya like how the drift almost reaches the roofline? Yeah. Thought you would.


And finally, the path to the front door. This definitely goes down as the Blizzard of '09.


Just make sure that you don't forget this guy. Please.

10 comments:

hermomsometimes said...

Your house faces south, correct. So with the snow and wind out of the North and the West. Your front door and the vans were in the perfect spot for big drifts. Sure hope you can get up here Monday.

Phat Mama said...

I moved to North Carolina from the state line of Illinois/Wisconsin.

I swore after last years winter, 118 inches of snow, that I would not be there for another one!

So we moved back down here in October & I've been beaming ever since. Except a few weeks ago when NC got 8 inches of snow for the first time in five years. Mew.

Unknown said...

Wow, I know if you are anything like me you are pretty desperate for Spring.... Good luck digging out! -e

Kathy B! said...

The snow is serious, but running low on wine?!?! That is just dangerous, woman. You need emergency assistance ASAP. Call out the National Guard at once!!

And I love the blog titles... I can totally picture Jack Nicholson yelling that at the top of your page :)

Mental P Mama said...

WOW. And about that wine? Did you not listen to me? Have I taught you nothing?

ChiefChick said...

Girl, those pics are crazy! And you should know better than to get low on wine when a storm is coming! Up for a Florida trip? :)

Phat Mama said...

I'm still on the phone with Switzerland, working on getting the St. Bernard/booze cask to your house.

Jen said...

I just can't get over this. It is crazy!

septembermom said...

Love that St. Bernard. Those dogs have such personality in their faces. Talk about being snowed in! That's amazing. My kids would have a ball at your place. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you see spring very, very soon!!!

Skogkjerring said...

It looks like Norway in Kansas!!! My grandmother's husband was talking about how much snow they got, they live in Haven. At this point the only good thing I can see about the snow is it hides all the dog poop which I'm sure is hiding under the snow...spring clean up is going to be a lot of work this year!!!! Well...I'd send you a lioness with some wine..but she'd probably drink it on the plane over...so...best of luck to you!!! Hey, it can't last forever....can it???