Saturday, March 21, 2009

Procrastination


I think I'm going to be nominated for the Nobel Prize for Procrastination.

I believe that this is a character trait that has been seriously undervalued for years.

Here an example to show you what I mean:

Penicillin was actually discovered by the procrastinating housekeeper. Yeah, sure, that other guy put it under the microscope but hey, it wouldn't have even have BEEN there if not for the bread that just hadn't been put back up.


Even this guy, a procrastinating eater.

I'm convinced I'm on the verge of a breakthrough. I'm determinedly and faithfully putting of most every chore every day. I'm sure that I'll receive my notice of nomination any day now. Oh, I just realized...my mail is delivered to the post office and not to my home. Hmm..when did I get it picked up last?

7 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Um not to be rude but you might want to hold off on that trip to the post office because I am sure it will be in my mail today and as soon as I can find a child to get the mail I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, hold on woman, that awrd is mine. I am awesome at procrastination!

Jen said...

you are so funny. totally cracking me up.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I surely would vote for you. Go get the mail.

Jen said...

I forgot to push the button last time I was here so now I follow.

Anonymous said...

You're in direct competition with me. But I'm going to put a spin on my Procrastination Nobel Prize bid and throw in a bit of environmentalism with it, that's a popular thing these days.

I might even get to it soon.

Skogkjerring said...

There is a commercial here in Norway where this couple starts a sentece like...We should really....and then they get quiet and the other says...maybe tomorrow....or maybe this weekend..they do this throughout the commercial and I said to Stig someone finally made a "movie" about our life...hahahaha...