Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Storm Update! Whoa!


Grab some hot chocolate, bundle up in your favorite blanket and look what is going on now!

Just a few short hours ago, this is what we had. And now..this! It's getting hard to even see out there. I'm sure glad I don't have to try to drive in this stuff!


That nice little garden light...yeah, presto chango..and it's disappeared! BTW, that's a 36 inch T-ruler to that means that drift is ummm, someone do the math. It's deep is what it is! Heh. (You can click to make the pictures really big!)

Magnet decided to venture into the back yard to work on a snow fort. Snow fort in Magnet speech means "I'm going to track all over the yard and get as covered in snow as I possibly can so that I can come back in all frozen and melt all over the house while loudly demanding that you make me some hot chocolate with extra marshmallows."

Yeah, he's really learned how to condense down all of that in just two little words. Snow Fort.

He's going to be one of those strong, silent types.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm east of you and it's just starting to gear up here. We have been without power 3 times already - so far the longest was an hour and a half, but last night it was "brown-out" which kinda' meant getting to stay up for the power to come back on as I unplugged everything major that I could and then really didn't want to leave that stuff off any longer than necessary. I moved hot coals with my trusty shovel from my wood burning furnace into my wood burning stove sometime around 11 PM last night. Didn't bother to move back this AM. Boy am I glad. Hope we don't get as much of the white stuff as you, although we are desperate for the moisture. Hm. . . maybe I've been alone too long today - as I'm thinking this ramble wasn't really all that fascinating. But maybe you can mark it up as a community service as a contribution to my sanity? You don't need proof, right?

Anonymous said...

OMG... Snow Fort.. I'll have to teach the girls that. They have changed clothes about 15 times and had 3-4 cups of hot chocolate so far. LOL!

We officially have 11 inches, but we have 3-4 foot drifts in the front yard. I have pictures. Whee!!!

K

Mental P Mama said...

LOL. Better you than me. For once, the East Coast had a Spring day;) Seriously, though, you have enough "supplies," right. It's gonna be a long night there....

Dr Zibbs said...

I don't envy you.

noble pig said...

OHM...it was 80 degrees here today, I thought I might melt...I hope your snow does.

brneyedgal967 said...

So far OKC has just gotten piddly stuff. There's a little bit of snow sticking to the grass - not enough to make a bowl of ice cream out of. The streets are wet and the snow melts when it hits them. Doesn't look like it's gotten cold enough to completely freeze the roads. Hopefully it will stay that way through the night.

Snooty Primadona said...

Thankfully (as I knock on wood), we haven't seen any of the white stuff this year, which is a good thing. Texans can't handle the snow, in any way, shape, or form...