Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's 4 am in a hotel room

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya'll out there saying "What in the H E double hockey sticks are you up doing at 4 am in a hotel room, you are supposed to be on your mini vacation woman?!" You don't think I hear you, but I do.

First, I just finished two 12 hour night shifts so my sleep pattern is a bit off. (ha! matches the rest of me!) I woke up about an hour ago since poor hubby is the county coroner (as one of his many duties) and he got a call about a fatal car wreck in our county. (Send out prayers for this family) My laptop was already up since he'd been surfing for our next hotel room while I was sleeping so I had to pop in and check news, play some poker and visit my buddies. There, nuff xsplainin'.

Guess what!? My sister, Tammy from The Color of Home, is going to be in the Branson area kinda around the same time as me! How cool is that. Now if I can only catch her then we'll be able to grab dinner or a show or something. No kids!

I don't know what I did, but I'm glad the karma bus is happy with me right now and giving me a ride instead of running me over!

Everyone have a fab day and I'll drink a margarita on the rocks tonight just for you..and you..and you over there. Not you though..oh, why not, you too!


Still happy dancing!

7 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

I was pretty sure the majority fo us said no lap top but since there are exceptions to every rule, I'm glad to hear from you. Have a drink for me!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I hope it all works out.

Jason, as himself said...

My own interior clock is very sensitive. I don't know how I would deal with weird 12 hour shifts.

Your husband is the coroner? Now that's interesting.

hermomsometimes said...

Ya'll have fun. Branson should be fun this time of year. Is Silver Dollar City open? If they are pick me up some of their Apple Butter. They make the best apple butter. See ya when you get back.

p.s. Did you know the family involved in the fatal accident?

Snooty Primadona said...

Have a wonderful time & if you don't mind, send that karma bus my way, will you?

Mental P Mama said...

Have fun!

The Girl said...

My Karma Bus hasn't run me down in a couple of days either, keeping my fingers crossed :)